What’s Your Advice to Home Buyers AFTER Closing?
I recently took a poll and asked several of my real estate buddies this question: “What is your advice to home buyers after they have purchased the home?”
I wanted to share with you some of the answers, and would love to get an email back from you with what YOU recommend to your home-buying clients.
- Change the garage door opener codes
- Change the utilities into their name
- Set up an annual service contract for heating and air conditioning units
Pay your mortgage on time
Check to see if your property is assessed at the correct value
- Keep copies of closing documents to refer to when it comes time to sell or refinance the home
Hire a cleaning crew to clean the home before you move in
- Suggest upgrades/updates to the home
Review where gas and water shutoffs are located
Be aware they will be receiving junk mail now that they are homeowners
- File mortgage exemption forms
- Get vents and dryers cleaned
- Get an energy audit done on the home
- Change washing machine hoses
Please email me and let me what YOU would add to this list!